Last modified: Aug. 26, 2022
Renogy ("us", "we", or "our") operates the DC Home mobile application (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Based on your authorization, we will use your location services. You have the right to refuse or allow the authorization. In order to scan and find Bluetooth devices, Location Services permission is required.
To ensure location services are working properly, you should turn on you GPS switch. This is a requirement of the Android platform because Bluetooth scanning can in some cases be used to gather information about the location of the user. DC Home doesn't store your device location data in any way.
DC Home will only require your location services when the app is using, and will not require your location services when the app is in the background or the app is closed.
If permission is not granted, Bluetooth devices cannot be discovered.
Service is the DC Home mobile application operated by Renogy.
● Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
● Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
● Email address
● First name and last name
● Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
● Personal preferences such as solar products of interest and usage scenarios
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your device to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
● Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service
● Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
● Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
DC Home uses the collected data for various purposes
● To provide and maintain the Service
● To notify you about changes to our Service
● To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
● To provide customer care and support
● To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
● To monitor the usage of the Service
● To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Renogy may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
● To comply with a legal obligation
● To protect and defend the rights or property of Renogy
● To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
● To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
● To protect against legal liability
As an European citizen, under GDPR, you have certain individual rights. You can refer to the guides in the GDPR Guide or https://www.renogy.com/privacy-policy.
As a California resident, you have certain privacy rights as specified under CCPA. You can refer to the rights under https://www.renogy.com/privacy-policy.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with may include:
● PayPal / Braintree
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
It is prohibited to publish or disseminate the following contents:
● Harming the honor and interests of the state;
● Inciting ethnic hatred and discrimination, undermining national unity;
● Undermining the state's religious policy, promoting cults and feudal superstitions;
● Spreading rumors, disturbing social order, undermining social stability;
● Spreading obscenity, pornography, gambling, violence, murder, terror or abetting crime;
● Infringing upon the legitimate rights and interests of minors or harming the physical and mental health of minors;
● Secretly photographing or secretly recording others without the permission of others, infringing upon the legitimate rights of others;
● Including terror, violence, blood, high danger, endangering the physical and mental health of the performer himself or others;
● Violently intimidating or threatening others, conducting cyber manhunt, insulting or slandering others, infringing upon other people's legitimate rights and interests such as privacy, reputation, portrait rights, intellectual property rights, trade secrets, etc.;
● Containing any sexual or sexual implication; containing abusive, threatening or threatening content; containing harassment, junk advertising, malicious information, deceptive information;
● Spreading commercial advertisements, or similar commercial solicitation messages, excessive marketing messages and spam messages;
● Using comments in languages other than those commonly used on this website.
Renogy Community Rules
Please refer to the agreement of "Renogy Power Plus Community Rules and Regulations" for details.